Lifestyle Farming Courses
Lifestyle Farming Courses conduct introductory courses for people interested in a rural lifestyle who may not have an agricultural background or experience.
Our farming workshops range in topics from an introduction to farm ownership, including property location, type of enterprise, finances and budgets, to workshops focused on machinery operation, fencing, vegetables, viticulture and livestock management including cattle, sheep, horses, poultry and alpacas.
The courses are introductory, provide the concepts of farm management in a range of topics, are of a short duration and conducted on working properties with hands-on involvement.More about courses
Ideal for hobby farmers
If you have a lifestyle property or are thinking of becoming a hobby farmer, our short farming courses provide the general knowledge and practical training you need to get started and avoid the most common mistakes. We cover:
- Basic farming principles
- What to consider before purchasing a rural lifestyle farming property
- Machinery operation, selection and use
- Livestock management, including cattle, sheep, alpacas, bees, horses or poultry
- Farm safety, including machinery, power tools, chemicals and general risk management practices
- Seasonal vegetable production for home use